This week’s prototype draws inspiration from my sister’s wine shop on Whidbey Island. Utilizing her existing wine inventory, prices, and information about the Greenbank Farm, I developed a wine recommendation tool linked to her store’s inventory and pricing.
Feel free to ask an open-ended question, like suggesting a pairing with an upcoming meal, or advice for a gift or event. It’s quite remarkable!
Things to Improve:
- The current recommendation load time exceeds 60 seconds, which is too slow for practical use.
- Tie this into live inventory (for this case we could use the Square API).
- Provide suggested questions to encourage engagement.
- Let store owners identify special promotions and sales.
Ideas to Explore:
- Could this be developed into a Shopify tool for wine sellers?
- Add an interactive wine pairing tool for online recipe sites.
- Partner with a top wine influencer as visionary for this market.
My Takeaway: Personalized data enhances the leverage AI can provide.
This is the first weekly sprint that feels like it holds the seeds of a commercial product. Technically the back-end is the same as last week’s book recommendation or horoscope generator. But tying in inventory and price data from the wine shop makes these recomendations a lot more useful.
Tapping into an existing business’s private data enables these new AI tools to act as multipliers for existing business models.